Huwebes, Oktubre 4, 2012

faRewell to the staRt...

After almost five months... we all boils down to this! After sitting for 3 hours every tuesday night,what really happened? What did we become because of those 5-8 moments? What did we learn from all discussions? So what now?

For this blog let me not decide into anything... I will just let the story unfold as I stare blankly to the winking cursor....

Just like any other posts that I did... I really don't know where to start... and yes, even where to end... So how do we really begin endings?

Lets start from the very beginning.

We watched a documentary entitled objectified... an hour and half documentary film on creating, modifying and developing a product.

So what now?

As I have mentioned in my blog, I hope that it made us appreciate, respect, and take action to further promote and take responsibility of the things that we take a hold. Not because of the brand, or its cost, but because of what is inside the product... the process it gone through... the people behind it.

We studied the four quadrant of the brain and its hemesphere. It was discussed that there are left and right brain thinkers. that there are some who are logical, critical or the artsy partsy, those who think zig zags when the rest are thinking of straight lines.

So what now?

For me, it made me balance things out. I have learned that there are some decisions that need both functions and critiques. I have learn that its not always an excuse to be a "right" thinker or "left" thinker, I did something becuase I want to do it. I stand firmly on what I thought is right.

We studied on creativity... the little Cs and Big Cs... idea generation. from big-time companies... the process of creativity.... how do one goes about it and how do others do it.

So what now?

I have learned to appreciate what I can and cannot do, to accept my little Cs and take encouragement to those Big Cs yet waiting to be reached. I am looking forward to get my hands into new endeavors of creativity.

We tackled japanese inventions, creative companies, creative indidviduals, decision-making, mind-mapping, affinity maps, post-its! we have learned how to do creative things methodogically.

So what now?

I guess I became more open and accepting to new ideas, to be ciritcal so I will not stop to where I am now and go on to where I am heading too, to be graceful despite the stress. To dare to dream big not only for oneself but more so for others. To weight things out. To ask. To know. To act.

It was five months of a lot of learnings, and fun. Tuesday nights spent with people ready to share their knowledge and be open. Countless suspensions, as if Tuesday is the real Saturday.  Time of extracting creative juices due to requirements.

So what now?

I hope that from now on, I will become more and more, better person, better thinker, criticallyand creatively, take better judgments, and take a  appreciation not only of arts but also to anything.

The semester is coming to its end... and so is this blog.. but I hope that things we learned from eachother will take an effect towards us endlessly.

5 komento:

  1. Im sure with all the stuffs we've learned in class, in a way made us a creative person. Not just through visuals and art, but to imagine deep enough for us to think critically, and to our future careers that are ahead of us. :)

    TumugonBurahin
  2. I haven't had time to look back but after reading your post, I cannot help but feel sentimental. it's been quite a semester. I've been taking a lot of things for granted but after this semester, I realized that there are things that cannot completely put out of the equation like the right and left side of the brain. In school, having a dominant left side of the brain is good. But overall, it is best you have a mix of both to succeed. Also, the decision making techniques, some are long and a bit hassle, but I realized that taking your time in deciding is really important. :)

    TumugonBurahin
  3. Our Creative Thinking subject enables us to realize alot of things in a deeper manner, I know that you have a hard time to think of what to write in here because the truth is that there are alot of things going into your mind. Me too had the same experience before I started putting my entry last thursday, I've been working for almost 6 years now and I thought I know alot of things but each week of classes I learn to look at things in a different and new perspective and in a better way.

    TumugonBurahin
  4. After almost 5 months , I can say that I learned a lot from the class discussions and activities. I'm sure you did too :) I agree to what you said that because of the class, we learned to open our minds and accept new ideas. I love the fact that simple activities stimulates our minds to think more creatively. Also, you guys, my classmates are fun to be with too and I can say that we are really creative in our own little ways especially with the dream project.

    TumugonBurahin
  5. Oh my, you're so sentimental naman!:)

    From all the lectures, what I will carry with me is the appreciation for everything that I see around, even those that are perceived to be mundane things. Creativity, like what you've mentioned, has also allowed me to accept the things that I can and cannot do, be open with other people's ideas and shutting away judgements, appreciate the power of collaboration, apply various ways of resolving problems or issues.

    More importantly, Creativity has allowed me to see the child in me again, one who is curious and unafraid of making mistakes.

    TumugonBurahin